Red Hat announced the agenda and keynote speakers for Red Hat Forum APAC 2017, one of the premier open source technology event series in Asia Pacific. The first forum will be held in Bengaluru, India on the 19 September, followed by stops in 13 other major APAC cities. More than 6,000 attendees from across industries are expected to attend the series.
Open source has transformed industries and empowered enterprises to innovate faster. This is possible because of the people behind it – the customers, the partners and the developers. This year’s forum theme, “The Impact of The individual”, continues the discussion that started at Red Hat Summit 2017, casting a spotlight on individuals who are looking toward to the future, who are willing to step up, try something new, and make change happen. These individuals can create significant advancements in their respective fields, from healthcare and infrastructure to finance, government and more.
As the Red Hat Forum travels to fourteen cities, several Red Hat global executives are each scheduled to attend select dates and deliver keynotes, including: Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO; Paul Cormier, executive vice president and president, Products and Technologies; John Allessio, vice president, Global Services; Massimo Ferrari, director, Cloud Management Strategy; Margaret Dawson, senior director, Global Product Marketing; and Radhesh Balakrishnan, general manager, Virtualization.
Key customers and partners will also gather to discuss industry trends, success stories, and what’s on the horizon for open source technology. The Red Hat Forum provides a platform for participants to exchange ideas, spark meaningful discussions, and network directly with Red Hat and its ecosystem of technology partners.
The Red Hat Forum will also recognize and celebrate local customer success stories of outstanding integration of Red Hat solutions through the Red Hat Innovation Awards APAC. The award recognizes enterprises which use open source to address IT industry challenges, transform, and modernize information technology to help accelerate innovation, and achieve greater agility and efficiency.
Other event highlights:
- Breakout sessions and tracks conducted by Red Hat experts, customers, partners and community contributors on enterprise technology hot topics, including:
- Automating and managing your own hybrid cloud
- Getting started with containers? Red Hat ties it all together
- Three pillars of agile integration (Apache Camel, containers and APIs)
- Empowering developer productivity through cloud-native application frameworks on OpenShift
- Showcase of 2017 Red Hat Innovation Awards APAC winners
- Interactive live demo of Destinasia, where its CEO and core team take attendees on an insightful and exciting journey of digital transformation, powered by Red Hat
- Deep dive into emerging technologies at Discovery Sessions with Red Hat Consulting experts
- Partner booth showcase including Dynatrace, Intel, iZeno, Lenovo, Microsoft and others
Dirk-Peter van Leeuwen, senior vice president and general manager, Red Hat APAC, said “It is an exciting time to be in Asia Pacific, where we are seeing technology disruption and innovation across sectors from financial services, government, healthcare to telecommunications. I’m extremely thrilled that open source has become a technology of choice among our customers, partners, and the developer community to drive innovation. The Forum is a platform created by Red Hat to bring together individuals who are driving the future of technology to celebrate their successes and contributions in shaping the future.”