New Delhi, India, September 4, 2014: As digital print applications continue to gain traction in today’s world, Xerox India has launched the new Xerox Versant 2100 Press for the production printing industry. The 100 page-per-minute device – versatile for any production environment – combines speed, Ultra HD image quality and automation features to create colorful personalized communications, collateral, brochures, photo publishing and specialty print products.
Speaking on the launch, Balaji Rajagopalan, Executive Director, Technology, Channels & International Distributor Operations, Xerox India said, “We are very excited to launch the Xerox Versant 2100 Press in India as it appropriately fits the market requirement of mid to high end segment of the digital printing industry. The Xerox Versant 2100 Press with an offset-like matte finish will revolutionize the digital printing industry in India and also expand the market to tier II cities for on-demand printing in the commercial & photo printing segments. The technological superiority of the Xerox Versant™ 2100 Press will raise the bar for the industry and help in strengthening our leadership position in the digital printing industry. We are looking to aggressively market the Xerox Versant 2100 Press through multiple city roadshows across the country this quarter.”
The Xerox Versant 2100 Press offers:
- More performance
- Automates color control, creates image-to-media alignment profiles and delivers brand-managed color in less time with less waste with an inline, integrated Full Width Array.
- Maintains tight registration throughout the press from page to page and run to run with Production Accurate Registration technology.
- More image quality
- Produces smooth sweeps and gradients, sharp images, graphics and text with the new Ultra HD Resolution – an industry first. Applications are rendered at 1200 x 1200 dpi at up to 10 bits – that’s 300 percent more pixels and color precision rendered than the 600 x 600 dpi standard.
- Provides brilliant and vibrant images with low gloss, low melt EA Dry Ink; offers consistent color across multiple printers and sites.
- More flexibility
- Offers three controller options – the Xerox EX and EX-P 2100 Print Server, Powered by Fiery, and the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server, so users can tailor the press to their production needs.
- Supports an array of substrates including linen, polyester, vinyl magnet and specialty stocks.
Pankaj Kalra, Head, Production Systems Group, Xerox India said, “The Xerox Versant 2100 Press will fulfill the needs of commercial printers, quick printers, photo labs and in-plant operations seeking a mid-range device with high-end capabilities. With industry exclusive features such as 10 bit processing & standard Full Width Array for automated Colour Management, it is well suited for the Indian printers who desire to create high quality collaterals with smooth sweeps and gradients, outstanding shadow detail, and superior halftones.”
Additional Features = More Business Results
With the Xerox Versant 2100 Press, printers can competitively position themselves to win more new jobs and retain repeatable business with numerous workflow options. For example, with Xerox FreeFlow Core printers can automate complex prepress steps and with XMPie StoreFlow create and deliver revenue generating web-to-print portals.
With the Xerox Stock Library Manager, printers can simplify the management of paper stocks, easily adding new ones or using the preloaded validated, approved stocks.
Printers can also rely on Xerox Connect Advantage Services, which combines diagnostic technology with a team of specialists to proactively solve problems; and turn to Xerox’s ProfitAccelerator Digital Business Resources for the largest collection of business development tools and services in the industry.