New Delhi, India, April 29, 2015: Samsung places a strong focus on enterprise-ready devices that meet the needs of business professionals for everyday productivity. This is reiterated by the recently unveiled Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, which offer a bouquet of first-of-its-kind technology. The Samsung GALAXY S6 and GALAXY S6 edge redefines the future of enterprise mobility.
In addition, through Samsung’s longstanding partnerships with major enterprise technology companies, solutions from providers including Cisco and Oracle work seamlessly on the S6 software platform. Other enterprise-specific features include faster, more powerful functionality via high performing chipset (14nm mobile processor) and 64bit OS, improved battery life with faster charging (4-hr/10 min) and enhanced email experience and multi-tasking features for business professionals.
Some good enterprise features of Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge
- The GALAXY S6 and GALAXY S6 edge are built on the upgraded Samsung KNOX, end-to-end secure mobile platform, offering defense-grade features for real-time protection from potential malicious attacks. Both of these new devices are also ready for immediate enterprise adoption, with market leading MDMs and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch to simplify and improve mobile device management.
- The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are built on KNOX, a globally recognized security platform that provides real-time protection for device and data from malicious attacks. These new devices are ready for immediate adoption in the enterprise market. In addition, the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge feature a secure fingerprint sensor where users can simply press their finger against the home key – from any angle – and have their fingerprint read.
- The devices come fully equipped and preloaded with Microsoft Office Mobile and OneNote and offers 115GB of additional free cloud service for two years with Microsoft One Drive, allowing for extra storage space that business professionals need for various documents.
- 14nm mobile processor with 64-bit platform, new LPDDR4 memory system and UFS 2.0 flash memory provides higher performance and enhanced memory speed with lower power consumption.
- Super Charging and Wire Free: With fully embedded WPC and PMA certified wireless charging technology, the GALAXY S6 and GALAXY S6 edge are setting a new industry standard for universal wireless charging.
- The F1.9 lenses and high resolution sensors on both front (5MP) and rear (16MP) cameras provide the most superior image quality in a smartphone, even in the dark.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and back.
Important security features of Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge
- Knox Active Protection (KAP) – Features strict checking of device firmware integrity
- Secure Boot & Trusted Boot – Ensures that the software on the device is from a trusted source (i.e. authenticated) and not modified from the original Samsung design
- SE Android – Enhanced for S6, this limits the permissions of certain software operations to access highly sensitive parts of the device
- Rollback Prevention – Prevents replacement of a device binary image with an older version of that image