New Delhi, India, February 03, 2016: Vodafone India has announced 4G network in Gurgaon. The roll-out will be completed across all parts of Delhi & NCR in a phased manner. Vodafone’s 4G service in Delhi and NCR is built on a strong fibre backhaul, and is supported by its 3G services. Vodafone is also offering international roaming on 4G to its India customers visiting UK, Romania, Spain and Netherlands.
Vodafone 4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets offered by leading smartphone manufacturers(iPhone, Samsung, Micromax, Microsoft, Lava, Xolo among others)available across the country.
Vodafone 4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats to enjoy and greater ease in using their favorite apps. Customers will also adorefeatures like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Announcing the launch of Vodafone’s 4G service in Delhi and NCR, Naveen Chopra, Chief Operating Officer at Vodafone India said,“We are delighted to launch our high-speed 4G services in Delhi and NCRforour customers to experience the most advanced wireless broadband experience available across the globe today. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 19countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer. Initial response from customers who have experienced our 4G services in Kerala, Karnataka, and Kolkatahas been positive and encouraging. As a steadfast partner of Digital India, we remain focused on deploying multiple technologies –be it 2G, 3G and now 4G-for optimum use as each technology has its own vital role to play in servicing the myriad connectivity needs of consumers across the country.”
Vodafone’s Delhi and NCR customers have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
- FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
- Enjoy 3 months access to FREE TV, Movies & Music on VODAFONE PLAY as part of your Vodafone 4G subscription
- 100+ Live TV channels
- HOOQ, premium video-on-demand service with over 35,000 hours of Hollywood blockbusters and popular local programs
- HUNGAMA PLAY, leading entertainment destination with over 6,000 movie titles
- VODAFONE MUSIC, stream your favorite music from over 1.2Mn songs
- Packs ranging from a trial pack of 35MBat Rs 11 to a bonanza pack of 20GB at Rs 2499
- 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
- Request for 4G SIM by calling thecall centreor sending anSMS <4GSIM to 199>
- Same day door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs (for requests received before 4:00 pm that day)
Speaking on the 4G proposition for Delhi and NCR, Apoorva Mehrotra, Business Head–Delhi and NCR Circle, Vodafone India,“Delhi and NCR is a significant growth market for Vodafone India with data contributing around 25% of total revenues and growing significantly. As a leading telecom service provider, our 1Crore customers in Delhi and NCR have a lot to look forward to and we are proud and delighted to launch 4G services today. Beginning with key business and residential corridorsin NCR across Gurgaon, which today constitute more than 10% of our data users, we will soon expand our 4G services across the length and breadth of Delhiin a phased manner. We will continue to pursue our customer centric strategy of catering to the evolving needs of retail and enterprise customers for better and smarter solutions for both voice and data. We invite our data savvy customers in Delhi & NCR to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered and enjoy the best mobile internet experience.”
Delhi and NCRis a focus and significant growth market for Vodafone India. The company invested over Rs 800 crores in FY 16 to expand, modernize and building a more technology and energy efficient network. In Delhi and NCR, Vodafone has a large retail foot print with 273 exclusive Vodafone stores (52 large retail format and 221 Mini Stores) spread across prominent localities in the city, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighborhood.