Bangalore, India, 27 August, 2014: Symantec today announced the availability of Backup Exec 2014 which delivers powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use backup and recovery to protect virtual, physical and hybrid infrastructures. Featuring improved performance, increased visibility, simplified management, and support for the latest operating systems and applications*, Backup Exec 2014 is a faster and stronger backup solution than its previous versions.
“To help build Backup Exec 2014, Symantec sourced feedback from approximately 3,700 customers and partners worldwide who participated in a beta program. This feedback helped us do our homework in understanding what customers and partners really want in a backup and recovery solution,” said Tarun Kaura, Director, Technology Sales, India, Symantec. “With more than 2 million Backup Exec customers worldwide and a set of new product features built from the feedback of our customers and partners, Symantec is set to leap ahead in the backup and recovery market in India.”
Backup Exec 2014 flexibly protects mixed virtual and physical architectures in a single solution that backs up to virtually any storage device and achieves fast, efficient, and versatile recovery. Traditional, complex and point backup and recovery solutions can be inefficient, time consuming, and expensive to manage. Through intuitive wizards and insightful dashboards, Backup Exec 2014 is easy to implement, use and manage – whether organizations are upgrading from a previous version or switching from an alternative solution.
What’s New in Backup Exec 2014?
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 support: Backup Exec now fully supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Superior visibility into backup jobs: Based on customer feedback, the Backup Exec job monitor is back. Organizations can monitor the status of all backup jobs from a single view, giving them visibility into the status of their backup jobs. In addition, organizations can save time and simplify the creation of backup jobs by backing up and managing multiple servers with a single backup job
- Cloud Capabilities: Backup Exec 2014 now supports Riverbed Whitewater Appliance and Quantum Q-Cloud
- Simplified upgrade/migration process: Simplified migration process to the latest version from Backup Exec 12.5, 2010 or 2012
- Granular recovery for Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013: Backup Exec granular recovery technology (GRT) is now available for Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013. From a single-pass backup, users can quickly recover granular objects such as Exchange email and SharePoint documents
- Optimized performance: In our internal testing, Backup Exec 2014 has shown up to 100%** faster backup and deduplication speeds compared to previous versions of the software
Hitachi Systems Micro Clinic Pvt. Ltd. Endorses Backup Exec 2014
Hitachi Systems Micro Clinic Pvt. Ltd is a partner and Beta Test participant of Symantec Backup Exec 2014 software and is upgrading to the solution to take advantage of its patented granular recovery technology and ability to unify physical and virtual backups from a single console.
Talking about Backup Exec 2014, Amit Vyas, Vice President at Hitachi Systems Micro Clinic Pvt. Ltd. said, “We make sure that each of our customers gets the best technology on the market to protect their data. Backup Exec is the only backup solution we are aware of that includes integrated source and target deduplication which significantly reduces storage requirements.”
Enterprises today are struggling to back up their information in a way that is quickly recoverable and accessible in case of emergency. Symantec helps companies simplify and speed up backup and processes by solving for the complexity around multiple environments, more data, and virtualization.