Gurgaon, India, March 25 2015: Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd. (SSTL), which operates its telecom services under the MTS brand in India, has announced its unaudited consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31st, 2014.
Key Financial & Operational Highlights for the Fourth Quarter and Full year 2014
- Consolidated revenuesincreased by17% Y-o-Y to INR 3,508million (USD 56.6 million), mainly on account of data revenue growth. Full year revenues grew by 10% to INR 13,472 million (USD 220.7 million)
- Blended mobile ARPU for the quarter increased by 4.2% to INR 122(USD 2) on account of increase in data usage.
- Non-Voice revenues by grew 11.5% during the quarter. The Company’s data card subscriber base for the quarter increased by10.3% to 1.6million subscribers.
- Success of SSTL’s data strategy is evident with non-voice revenues contributing 46.9% of total quarterly revenues, highest in the industry. The contribution of Non-voice revenues increased by 384bps during the quarter.
- SSTL’s HSD services now cover over 800 towns across 9 circles.
- Consolidated OIBDA loss for the quarter and year stands at INR 1,567 million (USD 25.3 million) and INR 4,944 million (USD 81 million), respectively. Yearly OIBDA margins improved 33 p.p.
According to Dmitry Shukov, Chief Executive Officer of Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd,“During the quarter, our non-voice revenues grew by 11.5% thereby contributing 47% of the total revenues, the highest in the industry. One of the key reasons for improvement in our data revenues was due to expansion of our HSD services across all our 9 circles.”Dmitry further added, “Given the success of the spectrum auctions, we now look forward to the government to bring out a clear roadmap on spectrum sharing and trading, all such steps are bound to boost broadband penetration in the country.”
|margins||-45%||-69%||24 p.p.||-30%||-15 p.p.||-70%||-37%||33 p.p.|
|margins||-137%||-149%||12 p.p.||-128%||-9 p.p.||-220%||-122%||98 p.p.|
Revenue in Q4 2014 increasedby 17% year-on-year to INR 3,508million,the improvement is driven largely by increase in data revenues.
In the reporting period,SSTL’s mobile subscriber base slightly declined quarter-on-quarter and reached 9million customers as of December 31st, 2014. Non-voice revenues, from both data and mobile VAS, for the quarter increased by 11.5% to INR 1,644million.
Sergey Savchenko, Chief Financial Officer of Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd., commented,” During the quarter the Company has invested in sales and marketing, which has resulted in decline in OIBDA. We expect revenues to improve further on back of sales and marketing activities taken during Q4’14. The Company will continue to invest in operations to drive maximum value from its 3G Plus network.”