Mumbai, India, July 22, 2015: Sify Technologies Limited, a leader in Managed Enterprise, Network, IT and Applicationsservices in India with global delivery capabilities, today announcedits consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015-16.
- Revenue for the quarter was INR 3407million, an increase of about 15% over the same quarter last year.
- EBITDA for the quarter was INR 583 million, an increase of 21% over same quarter last year.
- Net Profit for the quarter was INR 85million, a decrease of 25% over same quarter last year.
- CAPEX during the year was INR 82million. Cash balance at the end of the quarter was INR 1342 million.
Raju Vegesna, Chairman, said, “Our continued growthin the face of a difficult economic environment has firmly established us a steady player in the Indian ICT space.
This year, we are pursuing incremental growth from the North American market to supplement our traditional Indian market focus. While we are still at the earliest stages of our entry into this market, we are gaining strong traction with the partner ecosystem and are already seeing a growing interest in the services we are offering in North America.
Within India, we see a gradually improving market, with IT Services playing an important role in supporting the Prime Minister’s call for digital transformation of India. We are confident that we have an important role to play in enabling both the public and private sector, as our clients seek to leverage the benefits of digital transformation.”
Kamal Nath, CEO, said, “Our focus on multi-year and multi-services projects with our customers has guided us to a continued growth path over the last multiple quarters including Q1 of FY 15-16.
Enterprises are increasingly adopting 3rd Platform as the chosen model for IT Infrastructure Services and that’s a positive sign for Sify. Our new contracts, particularly with the medium sized Enterprises reflect the trend. Such engagements have not only positioned us strongly as a New Age ICT Services partner for our clients, but will also play a significant role in utilization of multiple Infrastructure assets which we have on the ground.”
M P Vijay Kumar, CFO, said, “Our strong top-lineperformance has continued into the first quarter of the new year, which has also translated well into equallystrong EBITDA growth. However, our continuing investment in the core assets to support this level of growth has resulted in a modest drop in Net Profit.
While continuing to support the investment required for sustainable growth, our primary financial focus is on optimal asset utilization and alternate means to lower operational costs. We see potential for increased asset utilization in both our Network and Data Center businesses, which have driven most of the capital investment over the past year. Cash balance at the end of the year was INR 1342 million.”
- Revenue from the data business grew by over 23% over same quarter last year.
- Revenue from Internet grew by over 16% over the same period, driven largely by the fiber access strategy launched last year.
- During the quarter, Sify delivered over 5000 circuits for its enterprise customers, including completion of a large project of over 1000 circuits for a PSU bank.
- The key wins in the large enterprise segment include a large public sector bank and co-operative bank’s state wide network.
- In the mid-market, Sify continues to acquire customers in the e-commerce and logistics verticals, as these companies ramp up their supply chain into Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities and towns.
- The business launched “Project Jupiter” – a special project focused on upgrading the Data Centre Inter-Connect (DCI) service to provide webscale capability. The project involves upgrade of all network nodes across the key cities as well as the metro access network with 100G optical capability.
- During the quarter, Sify was awarded a major contract from a global OTT player to provide DCI services across two cities with Giga/Tera bit scale capability.
Data Centre Services
- Data Center revenue grew 21% compared to the same quarter previous year.
- 14 new customers were acquired in the last quarter from different business verticals.
- Sify won a multi-crore contract from a third party assurance company; other deals include two Co-operative banks and an international Business Process company.
- Sify concluded a contract for an important Government project outsourced from a Indian IT and Manufacturing conglomerate
- Sify brought into production 22,000 sqft of data server farm space in its new data center in Rabale, Navi Mumbai
Cloud and Managed Services
- Cloud and Managed Services revenue grew 66% compared to the same quarter in the previous year.
- A Media & 3D Animation start-up signed up a large contract for Sify’sCloudinfinit platform, based on the flexibility and performance it offered.
- A disruptive player in the online budget hotels space signed on for consistent website and mobile site performance, while a leading scheduled Bank signed a multi-year contract with Sify to handle their DC infrastructure operations.
- Sify won the ‘Best Solution Implementation’ award for the Cloud Enablement of a State Data Center.
- Cloud major VMware accorded Sify the VCAN partner of the year recognition.
Applications Integration Services
- AIS revenue for this quarter was 15% lower than the same quarter in the previous year, reflecting fewer large projects completed during the quarter.
- The business partnership with Microsoft Corporation announced earlier has been extended to include all Microsoft applications on their Azure platform; the first customers for Microsoft’s O365 platform have been signed up under this partnership.
- Sify signed up a leading Oil and Lubricant organization and a leading beverages and packaged foods organization in India for Forum – our flagship product for the FMCG market.
- Sify’s foray into the Student Lifecycle Management area began with contracts from two major Educational institutions.
- A leader in the MEP sector with presence in the Middle East signed up to become Sify’s first international client for Managed SAP Infrastructure Services.
- Sify’s Managed SAP Infrastructure Services portfolio, which is a combination of our indigenous cloud platform and SAP application services, was extended to 2 new customers this quarter, taking the total number of SAP customers in Sify’s Data Centers to 13.
Technology Integration Services
- Technology Integration Services revenue grew 91% compared to the previous year.
- Sify won a large multi-year contract from a Public Sector Bank to supply, deploy and support DC Infrastructure; another contract to manage the DC was signed with a Public sector housing finance insurance company.
- A Public Service Insurance Company signed a major service contract to support their Video Infrastructure.
- A Central Government department contracted Sify for deployment of Data Centre IT Infrastructure.
- 18 new clients were signed in the quarter across Security, Collaboration and Network Integration businesses.
- The Security Operations Center setup by Sify for a Public sector Power company won the best SOC award from CERT.
© Technuter.com News Service