Mumbai, India, October 9, 2014: Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, has announced nominations are open for the ninth annual Red Hat Innovation Awards, which will be presented during Red Hat Summit 2015, June 23-26, 2015, in Boston.
Red Hat’s global customers and partners are building dynamic IT infrastructures and driving business innovation with the Red Hat technology portfolio. The 2015 Red Hat Innovation Awards will honor these efforts and reflect some of the most outstanding work and next generation business application deployments happening with open source solutions and, specifically, Red Hat technology.
Organizations have the opportunity to submit their nomination in six categories. Category winners will be selected based on the uniqueness, complexity and magnitude of their Red Hat implementations.
Categories for the 2015 Red Hat Innovation Awards include:
- · Infrastructure: Recognition of striking flexibility, scalability, cost effectiveness, performance and security within an infrastructure.
- · Modernize: Recognition of an outstanding transition from aging, proprietary infrastructure and restrictive vendors towards open source, standardized solutions.
- · Transform: Recognition of the best utilization of Red Hat solutions to transform an IT department from a call center to a business partner that can provide self-service and useful automation.
- · Cloud: Recognition of the most successfully illustrated cloud deployment using Red Hat’s cloud technology portfolio.
- · Application Development: Recognition of the most outstanding employment of agile methodologies and superior overall performance of creating, maintaining and deploying successful business applications, whether they be traditional, mobile or cloud, using Red Hat solutions.
- Accelerate, Integrate, Automate: Recognition of best overall acceleration, integration and automation of IT workloads using Red Hat products.
Submissions for the Red Hat Innovation Awards will be accepted until Jan. 15, 2015. A winner will be recognized in each of the six categories. From these winners, the Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be selected by the community through online voting, and will be announced during an awards ceremony at the 2015 Red Hat Summit.
Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of experts in the field of business and open source technology, including: Lee Congdon, CIO, Red Hat; Ashesh Badani, general manager, OpenShift, Red Hat; Peter ffoulkes, research director, 451 Research; Richard Fichera, vice president and principal analyst, Infrastructure and Operations, Forrester Research; Sean Michael Kerner, senior editor, eWeek; and Kurt Marko, analyst and consultant at MarkoInsights and contributor to Forbes and InformationWeek.
Marco Bill-Peter, vice president, Customer Experience and Engagement, Red Hat, said, “We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to highlight our customers and the ways they’re solving their business problems with Red Hat technology. Cloud and mobile are becoming the standard, and with so many companies turning more and more to open source, it’s an honor to get to feature some that are leading the way.”