Idea Cellular has selected Nokia to provide the technology for its 4G LTE rollout in three of its key regional circles – Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Haryana. With Nokia’s lean and flexible Single RAN site solution, Idea Cellular will be able to optimize its investments and deliver a superior mobile broadband experience, with faster speeds and better smartphone performance for its subscribers.
Under the agreement, Idea Cellular will deploy Nokia’s unique Single RAN technology, which enables simultaneous 2G/3G/4G operation on one platform. Nokia will also support the modernization and expansion of Idea Cellular’s core network and operational support systems to support the 4G LTE rollout, along with professional services for network deployment, network planning and optimization, system integration and supervisory managed services support.
Furthermore, Nokia will enable Idea Cellular to modernize and expand its current 2G and 3G radio access networks and core network infrastructure, spread across six 2G circles and four 3G circles where Nokia equipment has been deployed in Idea Cellular’s network.
Overview of products and services to be delivered by Nokia:
- Network Planning and Optimization, Systems Integration and Network Implementation services to ensure high network quality and a swift rollout
- Supervisory Managed Services for training and knowledge transfer to Idea Cellular’s operations team
- Nokia’s Single RAN Advanced solution based on energy-efficient, high-capacity Flexi Multiradio 10 Base Station
- Nokia Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and Subscriber Data Management platform, which are foundational elements for the management, enforcement and delivery of an enhanced customer experience
- Self Organizing Networks (SON) software features for more network efficiency
- NetAct, a virtualized OSS, will be updated for effective and consolidated configuration, monitoring, management and optimization of Idea Cellular’s network
Himanshu Kapania, Managing Director of Idea Cellular, said, “We were looking for a solution which can support multiple radio technologies simultaneously on a single platform. We found it in Nokia’s Single RAN solution, complimented by its energy-efficient and flexible site solutions. Our excellent partnership with Nokia now enters a new phase as we launch 4G LTE services to bring a superior experience to our customers.”
Sandeep Girotra, Head of India Market, Nokia, said, “As Idea Cellular’s preferred technology partner in 2G, 3G, and now in 4G, we will continue to support them by providing new technologies and capabilities for superior network quality. Nokia’s global experience in deploying 4G LTE networks will enable Idea Cellular to deliver an enhanced customer experience across its circles”.
@ Technuter.com News Service