Bangalore, India, May 16, 2014: Microsoft Devices has launched the much awaited Lumia 630 with the latest Windows Phone 8.1. The first ever Dual SIM Lumia smartphone with quad-core processing and a ClearBlack 4.5” LCD screen, it will be available in stores on May 14, 2014 at a best buy price of INR 11500/-. The Lumia 630 will also be available in a single SIM variant, starting last week of May 2014, priced at INR 10500/-.
Speaking at the launch, P. Balaji, Managing Director, Nokia India (A Subsidiary of Microsoft Mobiles Oy) said, “With our Lumia range, we have been successful at showcasing innovation across our flagship devices and then scaling it to more affordable price points. Today, with the Lumia 630, we are introducing people to the best of Lumia and the best of Microsoft, combined with our Smart Dual SIM innovation. We believe the Lumia 630 Dual SIM is undoubtedly the best smartphone in its price range. It builds on the success of Lumia 520 and 525 and will consolidate our position in the fast growing affordable smartphone segment further.”
The Lumia 630 Dual SIM adds award-winning design and experiences found on high end Lumia smartphones to the leading personalization brought by Windows Phone 8.1:
- The Smart Dual SIM innovation offers the best dual SIM experience on a smartphone across price points. Two separate phone and messaging tiles in different colours keeps calls, contacts, messages and calendars of each SIM separate – helping avoid confusion between the two. One can also link both phone tiles into one and/or link both messaging tiles into one.
- A quad-core Snapdragon processor delivers fast, uncompromised social experiences with Word Flow, Internet Explorer and social apps like WhatsApp, WeChat and Instagram.
- Integrated features including one swipe notifications from Action Centre, the new Microsoft Enterprise feature pack, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, Camera, and HERE Maps and Drive+, which work seamlessly to make the Lumia 630 a great tool for work and play.
- Better entertainment with Xbox games, the latest version of MixRadio, providing free music streaming and Storyteller on the 4.5” ClearBlack screen, which offers better viewing angles and visibility in bright conditions.
- Signature Lumia smartphone features on the Lumia 630 Dual SIM include an outstanding imaging experience with a five-megapixel autofocus camera and advanced imaging applications like Nokia Camera and Cinemagraph.
- The new SensorCore brings low power motion sensing to help people track their activity all day without using up the large 1830mAh battery – perfect for exercise and exploration using apps like Bing Health and Fitness.
- The Lumia 630 showcases a new matte polycarbonate design with changeable shells available in bold new colors bright orange, bright green and bright yellow, in addition to matte black and white.
- A wealth of storage is available, with memory expandable by up to 128GB using a USD card, allowing people to save and switch locations of pictures, videos, music, maps and apps with ease.
“With high-end technologies and apps, a seamless Windows Phone 8.1 experience, signature Lumia design and a unique dual SIM capability that lets people connect on their terms, we think the Lumia 630 Dual SIM is unbeatable in its range,: said Vipul Mehrotra, Head of Microsoft Smart Devices, IMEA.