New Delhi, India, August 28, 2014: LINE, the world’s leading mobile platform with over 18 million users in India, has released the Android version of LINE Premium Call. It is a low-cost IP phone service to make calls to landlines and mobile devices to over 200 countries and regions, directly from the LINE app without any initial set up. The app has an enhanced voice quality which allows users to talk for long without any voice breakage. This service is available for both Android and iOS users.
LINE Premium Call http://line.me/en/call
Damandeep Singh Soni, Spokesperson from LINE, said, “LINE Premium Call is an excellent way of calling family and friends across 200 countries without any hassles of buying a new SIM card. The call rates are very competitive and the voice quality on the app is phenomenal. We’ve been able to use the massive telephony infrastructure to the user’s benefit by adding this service for uninterrupted smooth international calling. Our focus at LINE is to keep evolving the app into a smartphone life platform that goes beyond traditional chatting.”
With this release, LINE users can now choose between the existing free call service to other LINE users and low-cost calls to any landlines and mobile phones (Both domestic & international), making for a more convenient calling experience.
Better call quality
Since the launch of LINE free call service, LINE has been fully committed to consistently improve the quality of our LINE-to-LINE voice call, video call and LINE Premium Call. As a part of this commitment, LINE conducts ceaseless research and experiments under the testing environment that meets the rigorous international standards, including ITU-T recommendations.
As a result, LINE’s voice call usage experienced a huge leap of 5.6 times and the clarity of the voice quality improved by 120% between late 2012 and the first half of 2014. Moreover, Japan’s leading newspaper Nikkei even recognized LINE Premium Call as the Best New Product of Q2 in 2014 based on its competitive price and quality.
1. How to use LINE Premium Call?
- Update your LINE app to the latest 4.6.0 version or above.
- Check out “More” Tab and press “LINE Premium Call”
- For domestic calls, proceed to dial the recipient’s phone number or select a contact from your phonebook, and tap “Call”
- For international calls, select the recipient’s country number, followed by the phone number
- Enjoy the low-cost, clear calls with your loved ones around country & the world!
2. How much does it cost?
For more information on call costs for different countries and regions, see http://line.me/en/call/price-table. The cost-per-minute of a call is also automatically displayed on the dialing screen, so users can make calls in the secure knowledge that they know how much they are being charged.
3. How do I pay?
User can charge their “Call Credit” by paying in advance for the time spent making calls.
This payment method allows users to pay for calling time in advance by charging their credit.
- When purchasing Call Credit inside the LINE app, there is a limit to the calling packages available for purchase.
- Call Credit purchased through Google Play must be used within 180 days of purchase.
- Actual service rates and Call Credit may vary according to changes in rules regarding service fees set by Apple Inc.