New Delhi, India, February 04, 2015: Lifesize, a division of Logitech, today announced new enhancements to its award-winning Lifesize Cloud video conferencing service and the introduction of Lifesize Icon 400 and Lifesize Icon Flex. These innovations bring simple, reliable and effortlessly scalable video communications to every person and every conference room across devices, applications, browsers or Lifesize endpoints.
With consumer applications proliferating in the enterprise, people expect experiences like video conferencing to be as easy-to-use, affordable and intuitive as any application on their laptops, tablets or smartphones. In response, businesses are clamoring for similar applications to empower their entire workforce and connect every person and conference room without complication.
“Customers tell us that they want video conferencing that simply works: no hassle or complexity, without lengthy installs and IT involvement. They use video on their phones and they want that exact same simple-to-connect-to-anyone-from-anywhere experience in the office,” said Gagan Verma, Regional Director for India and SAARC region. “Lifesize is the first to deliver an option for every scenario – whether you are new to video and looking for a complete enterprise solution for every person and every room, have a video application running within your environment but need a better conference room experience, or you are looking for a service that slides right into how you work without friction – we make video calling a remarkable and compelling experience.”
Lifesize Cloud: Connect via web browsers, with Microsoft Lync, and via Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook
The award-winning Lifesize Cloud service lets everyone meet over video from everywhere on every device, seamlessly connecting them to any conference room or individual. The new updates to Lifesize Cloud include:
- Connect directly from your web browser: Whether you use Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, you can make “one-click” Lifesize Cloud video calls directly from your web browser.
- Seamless integration into existing workflow tools: With the new Outlook plug-in and Chrome Extension, schedule video meetings and invite anyone directly from Google Calendar or Outlook; no need to open the Lifesize Cloud application.
- Interoperability with Microsoft Lync: Any one of the more than 100 million enterprise Lync users can join meetings hosted on Lifesize Cloud from their Lync client application with just one click.
Lifesize Icon 400: Purpose-built to deliver stunning, easy-to-use video communication with Lifesize Cloud
- Designed especially for the huddle room with an exceptionally small footprint, the Icon 400 brings the same brilliant video experience as the award-winning Lifesize Icon 600. Putting the control in the hands of the user with a simple and intuitive interface that is as easy to use as a smartphone, the Icon 400 enables users to quickly add video and audio participants to the call and easily share content with all meeting participants.
- Designed to be easily installed without IT support, the Icon 400 can be paired to Lifesize Cloud in four simple steps: connect to power, display (HDMI), any IP connection and then enter your Lifesize Cloud username and password.
- When paired with Lifesize Cloud, the Icon 400 supports all of the ways people communicate – ad hoc calls from the presence-enabled directory, to scheduled or “meet me” meetings in virtual meeting rooms, with single and group calling with up to 25 participants – on laptops, tablets and smartphones. Icon 400 paired with Lifesize Cloud seamlessly bridges multiple callers together, provides secure firewall/NAT traversal, and automatically performs software updates to the device, thus reducing the burden on IT.
Lifesize Icon Flex: Transform your personal collaboration application into a stunning quality video conferencing solution
- Designed for businesses that already deploy a personal collaboration application such as Microsoft Lync, Skype, Google Hangouts, Cisco Jabber and WebEx or Citrix GoToMeeting as a primary meeting option – Icon Flex turns any small meeting room environment into a complete conference room solution. Users simply plug in their PC or Mac via USB and Icon Flex takes over all video and audio capture and processing, transforming a subpar experience into a stunning quality meeting where everyone can be clearly seen and heard.
- Leveraging the design of the Icon 400, with a business-class fit and finish reminiscent of Lifesize’s boardroom heritage, the Icon Flex can be configured with a beam-forming table top microphone or the Lifesize Phone to satisfy the most demanding audio and video collaboration requirements that your hard working teams can throw at it while performing beautifully.
The Icon 400, Icon Flex and Lifesize Cloud are backed by Lifesize’s world-class customer support.
Pricing and Availability
- The expanded capabilities of Lifesize Cloud are expected to be available in February 2015; annual subscription plans start at USD$25 per user per month
- Lifesize Icon 400 is available today,
- Lifesize Icon Flex is expected to be available in March 2015
- All solutions are sold through the Lifesize Worldwide Partner Network