New Delhi, India, March 18, 2015: LG showed the world that a smartphone can have a curve body with G Flex, and now it is all set to introduce its successor – the G Flex2 in India. While the original G Flex was recognised for its unique designing and out of the box thinking, the G Flex2 improves upon its predecessor in every possible way. The G Flex 2 comes with a more advanced design, faster performance and more importantly greater convenience.
The LG G Flex2 boasts sleeker, more stylish curves and a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Octa-core 64-bit capable CPUs and integrated X10 LTE for a nimble, fast and smooth performance. Its 5.5-inch display gets a bump up to Full HD, while the updated software offers even more convenience through all-new features such as Gesture View and Glance View. The unique “Self-Healing” back cover from the original G Flex carries over to the G Flex 2 and is now faster and more effective than before.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor featuring octa-core 64-bit CPUs, optimized for Android 5.0 and the advanced Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU ensures stunning graphics performance and an integrated X10 LTE modem with CAT 9 LTE. This makes the smartphone incredibly fast and efficient for multimedia and multi-tasking. The Snapdragon 810 also features fully integrated 3x20MHz Carrier Aggregation support for fast, efficient connectivity. Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are a product of Qualcomm Technologies.
Another technology available in LG smartphones is Laser Auto Focus camera, first introduced in the popular LG G3. This technology enables the G Flex2 to capture the best moment ― even in low light ― by measuring the distance between the subject and the camera using a laser beam. Combined with LG’s proven OIS+ technology and dual LED flash, the G Flex2 delivers images that rival most standalone point and shoot cameras
Practical Solutions for User Convenience
The G Flex2’s curve-enhanced user experience carries over to software as well. It comes fully loaded with the best of LG’s unique software features optimized for its curved form factor:
- Gesture Shot makes it easy to capture the perfect selfie with a simple hand gesture recognizable from up to 1.5 meters away.
- Gesture View makes it easy to check your last shot immediately after taking a photo or selfie.
- Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off.
- Fast Charge allows the embedded 3,000mAh battery in the G Flex2 ― the only curved mobile battery in the world to be charged up to 50 percent in under 40 minutes.
Key Specifications (may vary depending on market):
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPUs
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS / Glonass, USB 2.0
- Color: Platinum Silver, Flamenco Red
- Other: Gesture Shot, Gesture View, Glance View etc