New Delhi, India, January 08, 2015: Lenovo, the world’s largest PC maker and an emerging PC Plus player, has announced the launch of two new commercial products – ThinkPad Helix 2 and ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 23, aiming to transform the enterprise computing experience in India. Hinging on the key feature of mobility, the ThinkPad Helix 2 is a convertible Ultrabook that can be used as a laptop as well as a tablet. The ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One 23 is an outstanding business AIO with a brilliant 23-inch FHD display, which offers a compact solution for a clutter-free workspace. These products were recently unveiled at the 2014 IFA Consumer Electronics Unlimited Show in Berlin.
Speaking on this occasion, Rahul Agarwal, Executive Director, Commercial Business Segment, Lenovo India said, “Lenovo’s strong relationship with enterprise customers has been built on the back of cutting-edge technology, unmatched performance and the ability to always stay ahead of the curve. As the move to mobility changes the enterprise landscape, the demand for multimode devices is swelling and we’re excited to add Helix 2 and TIO 23 to our portfolio. Both products come in innovative form factors and reiterate our commitment to design aesthetics and performance that redefine the concept of enterprise computing in India.”
- Best of both worlds: To meet the needs of business customers wanting a tablet for when they’re on-the-go, and a laptop for an added dose of productivity when at the desk, Lenovo gives them the best of both worlds with the ThinkPad Helix, now even thinner and lighter and more fully-featured.
- Sleek and mobile: The ThinkPad Helix weighs 2.98 pounds and measures only 0.38 inches, 15 percent thinner than its predecessor. The new ThinkPad Helix sets an even higher standard for business 2-in-1 Ultrabooks with its top-of-the-line hardware and software technologies for unmatched flexibility, productivity and connectivity.
- Powerful new processor: This high performance Ultrabook packs even more power with the all new Intel® Core™ M processor, providing even better performance than the previous generation.
- Crafted for business: Running on the trusted build and durability of Think-branded products, ThinkPad Helix also looks great with its sleek and premium finish. Fashioned from an aluminium grip-friendly finish, it provides a professional image for business.
- Power efficiency: The ThinkPad Helix also features astonishing power efficiency and battery life, compared to its predecessor. The ThinkPad Helix retains the five modes users rely on to stay productive – Tablet, Stand, Tent, Laptop, and Desktop.
- Versatile typing options: The detachable ThinkPad Helix allows users to work comfortably typing on its legendary ThinkPad keyboard or to take notes and sketch with its digitizer pen. Then to switch from laptop to tablet, simply rip and go. Or to place it in Tent or Stand Mode, rip and then flip the 11.6-inch laptop’s screen 180° and re-insert into the base.
- Enterprise grade security and Lenovo exclusive features: The ThinkPad Helix includes Windows 8.1 Pro and a suite of add-on security options, including biometric fingerprint reader, military-grade smart card reader and three factor authentication. The 2-in-1 also comes pre-loaded with software offerings like Lenovo Settings, Lenovo Companion 2.0, Lenovo Reach and Lenovo SHAREit to keep users’ digital content organized between different devices and files. Lenovo Settings provides users with the ability to control and improve their device’s performance and manage system functions easily, automatically and predictably, while Lenovo Companion 2.0 acts as a central hub for users to easily access and understand their system’s best features, manage system health, view available driver updates, buy customized accessories and check warranty status.
Price: Approximately INR 78,000 onwards
- Business AIO that is truly flexible: Lenovo’s new ThinkCentre Tiny-in-One (TIO) 23 modular AIO gives businesses the flexibility to “mix and match” a 23-inch AIO experience with all current ThinkCentre Tiny PCs (sold separately), allowing for separate refresh cycles of a traditional tower setup while offering space saving and outstanding cable management capabilities of an all-in-one PC.
- Solid performance: Designed specifically for IT managers, the TIO delivers an outstanding business AIO experience with a brilliant 23-inch FHD display, front-access USB 3.0 audio ports, an optional ODD and an ergonomic stand that allows for tilt and height adjustment.
- New form factor: Unlike most traditional AIOs, the TIO 23 is powered by a detachable ThinkCentre Tiny PC that seamlessly locks into the back of the monitor within seconds through a simple tool-less setup process. This unique hybrid configuration not only provides users with a clean-desk computing experience free from cable clutter but also allows users to configure their 23-inch AIO with a multitude of different chipsets and CPUs according to their needs, choosing from different ThinkCentre Tiny PC products.
- Ease of use: When it comes time to upgrade or service the system, users can simply pop the old Tiny PC out of the TIO, drop the new one in and resume back to work in less than two minutes. Users in enterprise, education, and government will particularly enjoy additional ease-of-deployment features such as the single standard Lenovo power adapter to power both the monitor and the Tiny PC. Being VESA compatible, users also have the flexibility to deploy the system on a variety of VESA-compatible mounts, stands, and brackets.
- Physical security: TIO offers enhanced physical security for the Tiny PC with an advanced locking mechanism that secures Tiny and the TIO’s optional ODD module inside the system when a Kensington cable lock is attached.
Price: Approximately INR 20,000 onwards