Kingston, a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today launched its A1000 PCIe NVMe SSD in India. This is Kingston’s first entry-level consumer-grade PCIe NVMe SSD with 3D NAND in M.2 form factor. It offers exceptional speeds of up to 1500MB/s (R) and 1000MB/s (W) which are twice as fast as a SATA-based SSD and 20X faster than a traditional hard drive. The Kingston A1000 SSD is available in 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities at MRPs of INR 12000, INR 21,800 and INR 40,650 respectively. It is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
The single-sided M.2 2280 (22mm x 80mm) form factor makes A1000 ideal for notebooks and systems with limited space. The PCIe NVMe drive features a Gen 3.0 x2 interface, 4-channel Phison 5008 controller, and 3D NAND Flash. It delivers 2x the performance of SATA SSDs with read/write speeds up to 1500MB/s and 1000MB/s giving it exceptional responsiveness and ultra-low latency.
As Kingston’s newest SSD for the entry-level PCIe NVMe market, A1000 is designed with 3D NAND Flash memory. It is more reliable and durable than a hard drive, and doubles the performance of a SATA SSD, providing consumers the benefit of PCIe performance at about the same price as SATA. Consumers can replace a hard drive or slower SSD with A1000 and have the storage needed for applications, videos, photos and more.
A1000 PCIe NVMe SSD Features and Specifications:
- 20X faster than a hard drive1: With incredible read/write speeds the A1000 will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
- M.2 2280 Form Factor: Multi-purpose SFF connector replaces small mSATA and mini-PCIe slots.
- Single-sided design: Integrates easily into designs with M.2 connectors; ideal for thin and light notebooks and in systems with limited space.
- Multiple capacities: Available in a range of capacities up to 960GB to meet your data storage requirements.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe NVMe Gen 3.0 x2 Lanes
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Phison 5008-E8
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
o 240GB: up to 1,500/800MB/s
o 480GB: up to 1,500/900MB/s
o 960GB: up to 1,500/1,000MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
o 240GB: up to 100,000/80,000MB/s
o 480GB: up to 100,000/90,000MB/s
o 960GB: up to 120,000/100,000MB/s
- Power Consumption: 0.011748W Idle / 0.075623W Avg / 0.458W (MAX) Read / 0.908W (MAX) Write
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
o 240GB: 6.4g
o 480GB: 7g
o 960GB: 7.6g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life Expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support3: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
o 240GB: 150TB
o 480GB: 300TB
o 960GB: 600TB
A1000 SSD Part Numbers:
|Part Number||Capacity||MRP (INR)|
|SA1000M8/240G||240GB A1000 SSD||12,000|
|SA1000M8/480G||480GB A1000 SSD||21,800|
|SA1000M8/960G||960GB A1000 SSD||40,650|
@Technuter.com News Service