New Delhi, India, December 07, 2014: Network industry innovation leader, Juniper Networks, and VMware, the global player in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, have kick-started a joint Asia Pacific (APAC) strategy aimed at accelerating the adoption of private cloud solutions by enterprises across Asia Pacific (APAC). The announcement builds on last year’s expansion of the two companies’ global technology partnership to deliver joint marketing and sales activities and interoperable products to support simple integration of the VMware NSX network virtualization platform with Juniper Networks’ MetaFabric architecture for virtualized data center networking in APAC.
The global market for private cloud services is forecasted to grow at a compound annual rate of 22 percent over the period 2013-2018 according to TechNavio. Yet the implementation and management of virtual infrastructures, together with network latency, are among the leading pain-points cited by CIOs across the APAC region. The partnership between Juniper Networks and VMware represents a shared commitment to delivering simplified, flexible solutions that enable customers to more easily realize the benefits of network virtualization and SDN as their business needs evolve.
Juniper Networks and VMware have closely aligned their private cloud products and sales teams to support customers in the APAC region and provide the following:
- Interoperable products, which are available in APAC today, to deliver smart forwarding across physical and virtual infrastructures and provide end-to-end visibility and management of physical and virtualized infrastructures from a single pane of glass. These include:
- Layer 2 Gateway Services for VMware NSX certified on the Juniper Networks’ MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers to enable seamless bridging between virtual and physical environments.
- Full VXLAN routing on the EX9200 and MX Series platforms to extend virtual networks seamlessly across multiple data centers. This capability leverages custom silicon and employs native L3 capabilities on EX9200 and MX platforms for connectivity of L3 LANs and WANs at wire speed, effectively making VXLAN a fully functioning replacement for legacy VLANs.
- Juniper Networks’ Junos Space Network Director layer with VMware vCenter enables discovery, management and monitoring of virtual networks including vCenter servers, hosts, VMs and virtual switches. It also provides detailed virtual to physical network connectivity information. This will help ensure consistency and visibility across virtual and physical networks.
- A proof-of-concept (POC) lab that will be open to customers for the purposes of conducting testing and analysis of the interoperable VMware NSX and MetaFabric solution.
- Joint marketing and sales programs across APAC, including the recent vForums and joint technical sales training.
Sanjay Mirchandani, senior vice president and general manager, Asia Pacific and Japan, VMware, said, “While it is no secret that the entire IT landscape is undergoing a dramatic shift toward mobile applications delivered from the cloud, nobody should underestimate the challenge this represents to data center operations. Together with Juniper Networks, we have a strong focus on addressing data center complexity by leveraging the power of network virtualization to radically simplify IT, while delivering services at the speed of today’s business.”
Russell Skingsley, vice president, Systems Engineering and Center of Excellence, APAC, Juniper Networks, said, “Enterprises are looking to Software-Defined Data Centre (SDDC) technology and network virtualization as a means of easily deploying, managing and orchestrating private cloud networks. At Juniper, we believe customers will realize the greatest benefits when physical and virtual networks leverage each other’s strengths. Through our partnership with VMware in APAC we are committed to helping our customers maximize the benefit of both their virtual and physical data center resources, ensuring the success of their SDDC implementations.”