Bangalore, India, December 22, 2014: Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 73,000 customers, today announced Infor SyteLine 9, a major release of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) application for mid-market enterprises in India. With India Inc embracing smarter technologies such as cloud computing, Infor has introduced a specialized solution Infor SyteLine 9 that brings simple, scalable, and feature-rich technology to mid-market enterprises in India.
Currently used by more than 5,000 customer locations around the world, Infor SyteLine addresses the information management needs of small to mid-sized manufacturers who may not have the pocketbook for ‘rip and replace,’ but truly need new functions and a better, more supportable software foundation. Infor SyteLine incorporates the latest Infor technology innovations of the Infor 10x platform and broad support for Infor Ming.le, Infor ION and Infor Business Intelligence (BI). With version 9.00, Infor SyteLine features industry-leading financials; highly flexible options for multi-site operations, deployment flexibility from on-premise, cloud or hybrid, and a superior advanced planning system (APS). Infor SyteLine version 9.00 has been specifically enhanced to help manufacturers increase productivity, track regulatory compliance and provide executive-level reporting. The application allows for automotive, equipment, high tech, and industrial/discrete manufacturing customers to monitor demand, schedule deliveries and track resources throughout the supply chain. Infor SyteLine continues to deliver broad manufacturing and distribution functionality as well as micro-vertical specific capabilities.
Major new features in SyteLine 9.00 include:
- Single Instance or Multi-Site Database Functionality – Infor SyteLine 9.00 offers implementation options on how and where a company’s data will be located and stored. SyteLine allows for data to be stored in a single database, or it can divide the data into different databases as needed to fit any complex environment or IT requirement. This provides customers with the ability to choose a tailored approach which best fits their specific needs; rather than typical ERPs that provide a generic toolset. Also, additional multi-site features were added so companies can better determine product sourcing, view critical data across locations and benefit from simpler data maintenance.
- Cloud Deployment – Infor SyteLine includes enhanced support for cloud deployment and development. New features such as a Data Maintenance Wizard allow users to rapidly develop new data structures and application forms. Infor SyteLine offers advanced flexibility for deployments, and creates ease of use for application extensions. This benefits smaller companies who want to get started quickly. Now they can do so without compromising on the rigidness as opposed to other ERP cloud solutions. Users also benefit from lower cost of ownership, by eliminating the need for costly hardware and additional technical support.
- Improved Compliance Measures – Infor SyteLine offers user defined compliance programs, permitting users to track and report company compliance for RoHS and REACH. This enhanced compliance helps users manage and secure various government regulatory measures with greater ease.
- Enhanced Financials – The solution allows for multiple financial sets of books, as well as the ability to have a separate year-end adjustment period and financial calendars with different year-end dates. This creates an advantage for companies that manage their financial needs in a manner that best suites their business model by providing full-scale visibility.
- Promotional Pricing and Rebates – This version of Infor SyteLine permits users to define promotional pricing and rebates. This enables organizations to pass along incentives to their customer base to help differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- Surcharges – Infor SyteLine now allows users to account for the fluctuation of commodity prices and surcharges, across any number of exchange services for customer and vender orders. Comparing the actual and base pricing during the purchase or sale of affected items helps users measure these surcharges and determine the appropriate actions.
“Infor empowers the mid-market enterprises with our innovative product portfolio that is embedded directly in an organization’s core business processes. We deliver solutions across a wide range of industry verticals that address customer demands, and that help them overcome business challenges with technology innovations that are purpose-built, yet beautiful and easy to use.” said Atul Sareen, Managing Director of Infor India.
With Infor SyteLine 9, we create another series of product success as we lay the foundation towards helping enterprises improve business efficiency, in a fiercely competitive market landscape. SyteLine’s manufacturing software solution will allow organizations across industries to take advantage of the latest social collaboration, analytics, integration and mobility functionality delivered via Infor 10x,”