Chennai, India, February 15, 2016: Idea Cellular has announced the expansion of its high speed 4G LTE services across 29 towns of Tamil Nadu & Chennai. Within less than two months, the company has expanded its 4G LTE service footprint to 20 districts, including major towns of Chennai, Madurai, Trichy, Salem, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Erode & Tirupur, covering 30% of the total population of the circle.
In addition to today’s Chennai metro launch, Idea is slated to advance its 4G LTE services to Coimbatore & Pondicherry shortly.
In December 2015, Idea Cellular had announced the launch of 4G LTE services in all 4 telecom circles (5 states) of South India, namely Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, and Karnataka. Earlier this month, the company launched services across 4 more circles (5 Indian states) – Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Punjab and Odisha, expanding its 4G LTE service footprint to 8 telecom service areas. Idea Cellular is one of the leading mobile telecom service providers with nearly 6 million satisfied consumers in the circle offering extensive 2G and 3G services in the circle, and has now introduced its high speed 4G LTE services with a large network coverage.
According to Mr. P Lakshminarayana, Chief Operating Officer- Corporate, Idea Cellular said, “Since the last week of December 2015, Idea has rapidly rolled out its high-speed 4G LTE network to cover 8 major markets in India. By March 2016, our services will extend to 2 more key markets namely, Maharashtra & Goa, and North East, and by June 2016, Idea’s 4G footprint will cover 750 cities across 10 telecom circles.”
Idea Cellular currently holds 1800 MHz 4G spectrum in 10 Telecom circles which cover 50% of telecom market but contribute to over 60% of Idea’s gross revenue.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer of Idea Cellular, “Idea customers with 4G devices in these 183 towns can now start experiencing superfast speeds by simply upgrading their existing SIM cards to new 4G SIM cards. Idea has also partnered with leading handset manufacturers and e-commerce retailers for special data bundling offers on new 4G smartphones.”
Key facts about Idea’s 4G services:
1. 4G offerings for the consumers: Inviting all existing and new consumers to experience its high speed 4G LTE services, Idea has announced the following offers –
- Complimentary 4G SIM card upgrade: All customers can avail a complimentary 4G SIM upgrade from Company Showrooms and leading retail outlets across 750 towns. Existing customers in key non-4G towns will also be able to enjoy Idea’s 4G services while roaming in these 4G towns by upgrading to 4G SIM cards from 28th February 2016.
- Attractive 4G data tariffs: Idea’s 4G Prepaid & Postpaid tariff plans are priced at par with existing 3G plans. The company is also offering ‘4G Packs’ starting as low as Rs. 21.
- Special promotional offer for consumers upgrading to new 4G smartphones: Prepaid or Postpaid customers buying new 4G smartphones before 31st March 2016 are being offered special Double Data benefit on all 1 GB and above packs. The 100% extra 4G promotional data can only be utilized on Idea’s latest 4G LTE network.
2. Digital Content for 4G consumers: Idea, marking its first foray in the digital space, is launching an exciting assortment of plans to suit the needs of all customers.
a. Idea Ultimate plans: Idea has announced exciting ‘Ultimate Plans’ which provide a Bundle of 4G Data, Unlimited Voice calls and Content subscription
I. Ultimate 999 Postpaid plan offers unlimited Idea to Idea Local calls, 3 GB Data subscription (Ultimate 1098 Prepaid plan).
II. Ultimate 1499 Postpaid plan bundles unlimited Local voice calls, along with 5 GB Data subscription (Ultimate 1749 Prepaid plan).
III. Ultimate 2999 Postpaid plan offers unlimited National, Local and Roaming voice calls with 15 GB Data subscription (Ultimate 3249 Prepaid plan).
3. Wide Portfolio of 4G Smartphones & Devices: Currently, over 2.7 million 4G devices across these 8 circles are registered on Idea’s network and growing at an exponential rate. To facilitate 4G device upgrade, Idea announces –
a. Launch of Idea branded 4G devices: Idea 4G Dongles, 4G Mi-Fi (connects 10 users) and Home Wi-Fi (connects 32 users) are now available at Rs. 2,599 onwards with attractive 4G Data offers.
b. Partnerships with leading handset companies: Idea has partnered with market leader Samsung for special offers on its 4G Smartphones. The two organizations will launch a variety of programmes to offer differentiated and significant value to customers.
With increased adoption of 4G smartphones in recent months, Idea has also tied up with popular smartphone manufacturers including Intex Technologies, Lava, Lenovo and Xolo to offer bundled 4G data plans on smartphones.
c. Tie up with leading E-Commerce retailer: Idea has partnered with Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, for providing exciting bundled data offers on 4G devices.
4. Launch of responsive 4G website: Idea also announced the launch of its responsive 4G website – ideacellular.com/4G. Consumers can log on to this website to get more information about Idea’s 4G services, tariff plans and recharges, locate the nearest Idea stores offering 4G SIMs and much more. Idea is also rolling out a Smartphone E-store on its website. Consumers can now buy all leading 4G Smartphone brands, Mi-Fi and Dongles on www.ideacellular.com.