New Delhi, India December 23, 2014: HP today announced HP Mobile Center, a new on-premise software solution for testing mobile application functionality and performance across real-world network conditions on real-devices. The solution is designed to allow customers to deliver high-quality mobile applications and ensure a consistent, positive user experience under any circumstance.
Mobile applications are increasingly becoming the “front door” for a company’s brand, with consumers forming their first impression of an organization based on their experience with the application. At the same time, the consumer technology and telecommunications industries are constantly updating new operating systems, networks, and devices. In this new era, mobile app developers require solutions that can rapidly adapt and test new environments, and that connect to their overall application lifecycle management strategies.
HP Mobile Center is designed precisely with these new realities in mind, giving developers and test teams the ability to launch amazing apps with confidence and speed. The solution provides instant feedback to a DevOps lifecycle team, helping them understand how an app will perform across any device or OS. The solution allows organizations to:
- Support simulated and real-world testing to best understand usability, design and defects across any device, OS or network.
- Understand when transactional services are working securely and properly.
- Measure and simulate the impact of load using a combination of real devices and virtual users, for realistic assessment.
- Gain insight into how end customers are using the application to get actionable data to improve development.
- Determine response times, speed and quality of an application across real world devices.
- Accurately capture and share critical defect information of a device.
- Integrate mobile testing into existing application life cycle management (ALM) infrastructures.
“HP Mobile Center is a great step forward to natively integrate mobile technology into HP’s Quality strategy,” said Joe Schulz, assistant vice president of Emerging Technology, Orasi Software. “It provides on premise device management and testing capabilities that seamlessly interact with the rest of the HP ALM suite.”
Leveraging the Power of the HP ALM Testing Suite
HP Mobile Center provides seamless integration with the components of HP’s Application Lifecycle Management suite including HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Sprinter, HP Unified Functional testing (UFT), HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, HP Network Virtualization, and HP AppPulse Mobile, allowing customers to extend existing mobile investments without having to re-skill their teams or reengineer the backend. This covers all aspects of the testing lifecycle including manual, functional, performance and network testing. Any device can now be managed and used throughout the lifecycle to assess user experience before any issues impact the user.
- HP Sprinter enables efficient manual testing of apps on real devices allowing for traditional and exploratory testing.
- HP UFT accelerates testing and increases coverage through a robust automation testingengine and reusability of scripts across devices of the same OS.
- HP LoadRunner and Performance Center help remediate problems and optimize mobile application performance with load testing to ensure response times.
- HP AppPulse Mobile provides mobile analytics once the app is in production, helping identify which users are affected and what are the root causes of the issue.
- HP ALM allows users to create visibility and traceability across app delivery teams by providing a single repository for all application lifecycle data, and a collaborative work environment that provides an accurate view of when the apps are ready to release.
“We now live in a mobile and app-centric world, and the ability to deliver a consistent and enjoyable app experience has never been more important,” said Saurabh Saxena, Country Director – India, HP Software. “Only HP can deliver a unique blend of domain expertise, big data analytics, and seamless integration with an overall application lifecycle management suite to enable mobile DevOps teams to predict how an application will respond in the real world, no matter the device, OS or context.”
“At AtHoc, we deliver industry leading Collaborative Crisis Communications solutions that depends on mobile platforms as one of the key component of reporting, assessing, alerting, responding and managing incidents as they occur within our customer base. As such, it is imperative to our customers that technology advances are of the highest quality, effective and trusted upon their release. This business driver means we have to test our applications under high loads, short bursts and across multiple carriers,” said Sanjay Saini, Senior VP of Global Engineering and Operations. “We chose HP’s Mobile Center offering because it gave us the flexibility and scalability our business requires. We plan, test and deliver high level of service to our customers and partnering with HP adds another layer of assurance to our offering through even more extensive testing for the events prior to our customer’s critical use of our products and services.”
Pricing and Availability
HP Mobile Center is available worldwide today from HP and its ecosystem of channel partners.