- New AllPlay Hardware/Music Services and SDK Availability: The AllPlay ecosystem is expanding as a broad array of audio equipment manufacturers, networking companies and streaming music services are planning to release AllPlay products this year:
- New AllPlay powered devices: Monster Soundstage and Fon Gramofon
Monster Launches AllPlay SoundStage Wireless Music System: Monster will be offering three speakers models S1, S2 and S3 – available beginning in October. AllPlay integration enables SoundStage users to synchronously stream music to multiple Soundstage speakers (Party mode) or multiple songs to multiple speakers.
- New music streaming services: Spotify Connect certified, Qualcomm AllPlay Radio powered by Tune-In, Astro Player, Digital Audio Recording FM (DAR FM), RecoChoku, Style Jukebox, Wahwah and WiMP
- AllPlay Click SDK Availability
- IoE Enablement: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc., is broadening support for developers to simplify the design of products that use Wi-Fi to connect the Internet of Everything (IoE). Qualcomm has opened worldwide distribution channels with Arrow Electronics and CODICO GmbH to streamline access to Qualcomm Atheros’ low-power Wi-Fi platform, the QCA4002/4004. Qualcomm Atheros is also offering a new IoE development kit, which enables full-featured, low-power Wi-Fi in a diverse set of connected products – from light bulbs and remote controls to home automation and security systems.
- Sony and Electrolux Join AllSeen Alliance as Premier Members: Sony and Electrolux, the world’s second largest appliance maker, join the Alliance to bring total membership to 64. The 11 Premier Members now include Electrolux, Sony, Haier, LG, Microsoft, Panasonic, Qualcomm Connected Experiences, Inc., Sharp, Silicon Image, Technicolor and TP-Link – and are focused on overcoming the interoperability challenges that impede the Internet of Things.
- Snapdragon 805:
o Samsung Galaxy Note 4: The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 features a Snapdragon 805 processor with quad-core CPU at speeds of up to 2.7GHz per core, 4K capture capabilities and H.265 hardware decode. The device has a 16MP camera complete with optical image stabilization.
- Snapdragon 801:
o Sony Xperia Z3 Smartphone & Compact: The Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact features beautiful design matched with powerful performance in a quad-core CPU with 4G LTE modem for lightning fast browsing, immersive multimedia experiences and stunning visuals.
o Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact: The Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor that helps deliver entertainment at a breakneck pace. With the processor’s integrated 4G LTE modem, every interaction is fluid, browsing is quick and multi-tasking is effortless.
- Snapdragon 615:
o HTC Desire 820: The HTC Desire 820 features a longer battery life thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with dual quad-core CPU clusters and its built-in smarts to power up on the cores it needs when it needs them. The Desire 820 is ready for the upcoming wave of cutting-edge and memory-intensive applications, and new computing environment with 64-bit capabilities. With its fast 4G LTE download speeds, the Snapdragon 615 processor allows users to spend more time doing, and less time waiting. The device also features perfect detail in 3D imagery and a best-in-class camera.
- Snapdragon 410:
o Lenovo Vibe Z2: With the Lenovo Vibe Z2, users have access to global fast 4G LTE networks, can play multiplayer 3D online games in real time, capture and playback videos and images at high-resolution, and manage different networks with multi-sim support, all while experiencing all day battery life and easier, faster charging.
- Snapdragon 400:
o Sony Xperia E3: The Sony Xperia E3 features the advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with quad-core 1.2. GHz CPUs and 4G LTE capabilities allowing you to load all your movies, games and music instantly without any irritating interruptions, as well as to capture high resolution photos and videos. With Xperia E3 connecting to 4G networks, downloading, surfing and sharing is much faster and smoother than ever.
- Snapdragon 200:
o YEZZ Billy 4.7 QRD Windows Phone: Based on a Qualcomm Reference Design (QRD), the 7.2 mm-thin device comes equipped with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor with quad CPUs at speeds of up to 1.2GHz, a stunning 4.7-inch IPS screen with Asahi Dragontrail glass, 15GB of free cloud storage and a 2MP front camera and 8MP autofocus rear camera with flash.