San Francisco and Waterloo, ON, November 15, 2014:Â BlackBerry Limited, a global player in mobile communications, announced Bombardier, American Crane, Home Hardware and Rocco Forte are among a group of global customers that are migrating to the newÂ BES12: a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry[TF1]Â , available today. BES12, which can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud, is the foundation for a new generation of enterprise security, productivity, and communication and collaboration services that will help organizations securely connect employees with content, apps, devices and machines.
BlackBerry was named aÂ LeaderÂ and achieved the top score in EMM strategy in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Mobile Management, Q3 2014. As the leading EMM provider, BlackBerry customers include all G7 governments, 16 of the G20 governments, 10 out of 10 of the largest global enterprises in each of the pharmaceutical, law firm and automotive industries, and the top five largest oil and gas companies in the world.
BES12 provides expanded EMM capabilities that can manage any mobile deployment model such as BYOD, COPE and COBO, and leverages BlackBerryâ€™s trusted global infrastructure. The BES12 platform seamlessly supports iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry OS. Key benefits of BES12 include:
- Comprehensive Cross-Platform EMM: Provides complete management and security for devices, applications and company data across all major enterprise device platforms and all tiers of device ownership and deployment models.
- End-to-End Security:Â Leverages advanced encryption, containerization, application wrapping and BlackBerryâ€™s secure global infrastructure. Provides end-to-end, platform-level security that keeps an organizationâ€™s data safe and secure while in transit and at rest.
- Scalable Architecture:Â Scalable up to 25,000 devices per server and 150,000 devices per domain. BES12 is designed to reduce deployment cost and complexity and ensure maximum uptime with support for active-active high availability. It can be deployed on-premise or through a private cloud â€” and will soon be available via hybrid or public clouds.
- Streamlined User Experience:Â Enables administrators to holistically manage all users, devices, policies and profiles natively, from one easy-to-use unified console. A new attribute-driven, endpoint management model enables more flexible management of devices, applications and data. Comprehensive reporting and dashboards simplify the management of complex fleets of devices.
- Industry Leading Total Cost of Ownership:Â The recent study by Strategy Analytics, Enterprise Mobility Management: A Review of Total Cost of Ownership, found that BES is the lowest cost EMM solution based on the five year total cost of ownership (TCO). The study found that migrating from BES5 to a BlackBerry competitor is, on average, more than double the cost over five years than migrating from BES5 to the next generation of BES.
- Design for Internet of Things:Â BES12 is the first BES platform that will extend beyond smartphones and tablets to support the management of things, including medical diagnostic equipment, industrial machinery and automobiles.
- Global Support:Â All BES12 subscriptions include industry leading BlackBerry Technical Support Services to help manage the complexity and demanding requirements of mobility and evolving EMM strategies.
Nearly 100 companies â€” from a number of industries and regions â€” have already deployed BES12 as part of BlackBerryâ€™s Enterprise Pre-Release Program.