Dubai, UAE, September 16, 2014: Dimension Data, the USD 6 billion ICT solutions and services provider today announced it is deploying globally standardised Managed Services for Data Centres. Built on the Group’s state-of-the-art Managed Services Automation Platform, the portfolio manages server, storage and networks for on-premise, cloud and hybrid data centres.
Earlier this year, Dimension Data announced it would quadruple the size of its data centre business to USD 4 billion by 2018. The launch of this suite of managed services is the next step in a set of strategic initiatives to expand the Group’s capability to consistently support domestic and multinational clients’ data centre transformation requirements.
Steve Joubert, Dimension Data’s Group Executive for Data Centres says, “We’re seeing a shift away from clients owning and managing their own data centre to outsourcing the entire infrastructure, or the management of the environment. Even with the advent of cloud, Technology Business Research Inc. recently reported that 70% of private cloud adopters will utilise third parties to manage their environments.
“With Managed Services for Data Centres, clients maintain technology flexibility, while we automate routine transactional and knowledge work across the network, server, and storage for on-premise and cloud environments. Our consultative approach further extends our portfolio to enable business transformation, leaving the client to focus on delivering business value and outcomes over-and-above operations.”
Joubert says key benefits of the offering include:
- Both local and multinational clients a consistent service experience, irrespective of location, with local delivery expertise;
- Seamless and agile transition and operation across on-premise and cloud environments;
- Support multi-vendor environments including Cisco, EMC, HP, Dell, VCE, Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Citrix, NetApp;
- Superior client portal and interface focused on business insights and value to the CxO;
- Ability to deliver outcomes-based SLAs to clients.