According to International Data Corporation (IDC), HCP market in India dropped 18.4 percent sequentially in Q4 2016 and reached 737,475 units in terms of shipments.
Due to demonetization consumer purchase was affected while deals from Government and corporates were also put on hold because of which, the overall HCP market witnessed low numbers. However, the consumer sentiment remains good and going forward the demand is expected to pick up in coming quarters with impact of demonetization subsiding in India.
The Overall HCP Market:
- HP Inc. managed to achieve 44.1 percent shipment share in Q4 2016 leading the printer market in India.
- Epson has overtaken Canon to be 2nd biggest player with 23.4 percent Market Share.
- Canon lost further ground with a 1.9 point sequential decline and a market share of 18.1 percent.
- Samsung emerged into the fourth position in Q4 2016 at 4.6 percent; followed by Brother at 2.9 percent.
Inkjet HCP Market:
- Demand was impacted by demonetization and HCP Inkjet market witnessed a sequential decline of 24.6 percent quarter-on-quarter.
- Epson witnessed year-on-year growth of 26.9 percent while all other vendors suffered both year-on-year and sequential declines.
“Q4 2016 had a major impact on the market due to demonetization but Q1 2017 is likely to bring good news. The market is expected to see growth with government and corporate deals coming in as well as demonetization impact subsiding which would result in rising consumer demand” says Manali De Bhaumik, Senior Market Analyst, IDC India.
Laser HCP (Printer-Based) Market:
- Market declined by 11.6 percent quarter-on-quarter in terms of unit shipments in Q4 2016. After a good Q3, the market was soft in Q2 2016 due to low Government and corporate deals.
- HP Inc. continued to be the market leader with a share of 55.7 percent, followed by Canon and Samsung at the second and third position respectively. HP Inc. witnessed a decline this quarter while Ricoh dropped to fifth position and lost share this quarter.
Laser HCP (Copier-Based) Market:
- There was a sequential dip of 16.1 percent and Q4 2016 was soft due to demonetization affecting the jobbers segment and low government spending
- Canon managed to hold on to No.1 spot with a market share of 27.4 percent despite a 12.6 percent sequential decline in shipments.
- Konica Minolta was at 2nd position with 23.1 percent market share followed by Ricoh and Kyocera Document Solutions. to be available at Rs. 19,999, pre-booking starts on March 31, 2017
Inkjet market is expected to be dominated by ink tank printers as vendors push their printers with aggressive marketing campaigns. “With consumer also opting for ink tanks and their preference over entry level lasers, inkjets are likely to continue on the growth path and dominate the market in the coming quarters. Laser copier market is also expected to do well in the coming quarters, due to the digitization initiatives by the Government originating the demand for copiers. Tier 3 and 4 cities have been doing well and are expected to drive the growth in the coming quarters” says Nishant Bansal, Research Manager Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions, IDC India.
@Technuter.com News Service