CTEC, a landmark in Canon India’s convoy showcasing strong technological capabilities &long term commitment towards Indian customer. Well equipped with highly sophisticated tools, CTEC has senior professionals for simulations and direct training of engineers and partners. It provides a comprehensive learning approach focused on technical, software and intellectual skill development.
At Canon we believe & follow Kyosei philosophy, signifying “living and working together for the common good”. This infrastructure is a small step towards our commitment in complying with Kyosei philosophy and working for the common good. C-TEC was inaugurated in Dec, 2016 by Mr. Kazutada Kobayashi, President & CEO Canon India, located in Noida.
Canon’s Service team supports the endeavor of ‘always delighting its customers’. CTEC –The Learning Hub spreads across 40,000sqft and aims to enhance the technical and software skills, carved with 5 tools CTEC focuses on:
- Learning– CTEC is a learning hub and used for conducting technical trainings, demonstrations, product testing and simulation. Partners, as well as Canon engineers, can enhance their technical skills from very basic to vastly innovative creation. CTEC conducts 5k-6k of man-hours training every year covering more than 1500 engineers nationally. Engineers learn without the rest so that they turn out the best.
2. Invention – With DreamLabo a viable alternative to silver halide technology, Canon brings in innovative ideas, which are not just about colour and output, but about recreating memories in a way that they remain alive for a lifetime. The spectacular HD printing can make one bring back and cherish those moments.
3. Rejuvenation – Refreshing the old leading to regeneration, driven by the philosophy of Kyosei, Canon always endeavours to rejuvenate the environment. At CTEC Canon ensures that all the recyclable items are reused efficiently and non-recyclable items are scrapped in an environment-friendly way, as per statutory requirements.
4. Expertise– CTEC is a hub for repairs of high-end cameras, which demands qualified engineers. This facility houses one of the best darkrooms in Asia measuring 33m in length and covering an area of 2192 sq feet. Lens adjustment of Up to 800mm along with all the tools as recommended by Canon Ink which results in high precision repair work. Canon Technical ExcellenceCenter compliments the goal of delighting you always with its skill and expertise.
5. Responsibility: CTEC takes vital steps towards nurturing the environment and immensely supports sustainable development as the rooftop is labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Investment has also been made for RO plants for water purification, thus playing an important part in sustainable development.
How Vast the Canon’s Service Network is?
Apart from training personnel’s, CTEC has a state of the art repair center to service and repairing all the Canon products such as DSLR camera, printers, projectors, copiers – under one roof. The facilities provided by this center include refurbishing, regeneration of copiers & printers, refilling of toner cartridges and even recycling of products for safeguarding environment.
The CTEC operations are segregated into separate division allotted to each floors
The basement is for Rejuvenation where business process machinery are brought back from the field and is refurbished. In case these machines are irreparable, they are recycled or scrapped as per the government norms of e-waste disposal.
The ground floor is reserved for Demonstration & Toner Refilling Plant. This floor showcases high-end commercial products like DreamLabo, Oce&iPF Pro Printer for training & demonstration purposes. There are two units of DreamLabo, Canon’s first inkjet production photo printer used for wedding photo printing, one of which is used for training purposes and one for customer demonstration.
The Toner Refilling Plant, includes a high-tech compression plant to maintain the quality of air. This is done so as to ensure no foreign particles enter the development area and contaminate the ink. This is extremely important as the toner cartridges are refilled here and any foreign particle can cause depletion in the quality of the end product.
There is a Training Centre present on the first floor, where training is imparted to Service Engineers of Business Imaging Solutions IDC Partner Engineer & Managers. Apart from that there is ‘Level 3’ technical help desk for software support on this floor hence called as the “Heart of Market Engineering”
On the next floor, there is an in-house Repair Center for CSP & BIS products. This is where Inkjet and laser printers (warranty or DOA cases) are repaired here. The spare parts are re-engineered and reused as well. The parts which can’t be reused is recycled or disposed as per government norms. There is a separate section for fixing films and defective PCBs are repaired & reused for TG customers.
On the third floor, there is a separate Camera Repair Center formed by consolidating Delhi-NCR region repair centers. The entire range of Canon DSLR, lenses, projector and broadcasting cameras are repaired on this floor.
The topmost floor of CTEC or the rooftop is rightly labelled as Social Responsibility. In order to conserve energy, this floor has a series of solar panels installed. Investment has also been made into RO plants for water purification and LED lights to save power consumption. Thus playing its part for sustainable development.
The new Canon Technical Excellence Center not only improves and synergizes service network by aggregating all product research, training, and other infrastructure under one roof but also helps reduce overall operation cost by up to 42 percent.
@Technuter.com News Service