Bangalore, India, February 27 2015: Brocade today expanded its OEM relationship with EMC Corporation by adding Brocade VCS Ethernet fabric solutions to EMC’s Connectrix family of network switches, creating the industry’s first network switch designed for IP storage. Available now, the Connectrix VDX-6740B IP storage switch establishes a resilient, agile and easily-deployed foundation for EMC storage, cloud, deduplication and backup and recovery systems.
The Connectrix VDX-6740B is a high performance, low latency IP storage switch that provides connectivity for a broad array of EMC high-end and mid-range NAS and iSCSI storage platforms. The new switch redefines agility with superior automation and simplicity, achieved through zero-touch, self-forming fabrics.
Connectrix VDX solutions are integrated with Connectrix Manager Converged Network Edition (CMCNE), which provides unified management, monitoring and diagnostics for both IP and fibre channel storage networks. Integration with EMC Storage Analytics software delivers actionable performance analysis and enables customers to quickly identify and resolve performance and capacity issues.
Edgar Dias, Regional Director – India, Brocade, said, “Legacy IP network designs were never intended for today’s New IP applications, such as cloud, mobile, social and big data. Through our extended partnership with EMC, customers can now realize the improved performance, resiliency and agility of a dedicated IP storage network for the growing mission critical nature of their IP storage-based applications.”
EMC customers will deploy the new switch to separate IP storage traffic from other data traffic, a more reliable and efficient approach compared to legacy deployments where storage traffic and all other network traffic share the same network infrastructure.
Additional Connectrix VDX-6740B Details
- Connectivity for high-end and mid-range NAS and iSCSI storage platforms, including EMC’s VMAX3, VNX, Isilon and XtremIO products
- Storage fabric connectivity for EMC’s VSPEX Proven Infrastructure cloud and EMC’s VSPEX BLUE hyper-converged appliance, as well as for EMC’s Data Domain deduplication and Avamar backup and recovery systems
- Patented load-balanced, multi-pathing for optimal performance and efficiency
- Deep, on-chip buffers deliver more than two-times the throughput of any other switch in its class
- Storage-class resiliency with millisecond link failover allowing I/O to continue non-disruptively after a path or link failure
- End-to-end interoperability testing with EMC storage, cloud, deduplication, backup and recovery systems through EMC’s E-Lab program
- Three-year hardware warranties, with options for both Premium and Enhanced support
Rajesh Janey, President, India & SAARC, EMC Corporation, said, “As enterprises transition from the 2nd to the 3rd Platform, there is need for a dedicated IP Storage Network solution which provides the requisite infrastructure to address their changing storage needs. EMC Connectrix is the industry leader for delivering highly available, high performance and easily managed SANs and the introduction of the Connectrix VDX-6740B will enable the EMC Storage platforms to support customer mission critical data and applications more effectively. EMC and Brocade have been close partners for over 15 years, delivering excellent products and world class support and the EMC Connectrix VDX-6740B is a testimony of how this partnership extends direct customer and Channel market reach.”
The Connectrix VDX-6740B is available now from EMC Corporation and its global network of channel partners.