Mumbai, India, July 21 2015: Blue Star Infotech Limited, the Digital Transformation and Software Product Engineering Company, today declared its Q1 results for FY 2015-16.
For the quarter ended 30th June, 2015:
- Total Revenue stood at Rs. 7428.8 Lakhs (Q-o-Q growth by 6.7%, Y-oY growth by 15.2%)
- Net Profit stood at Rs. 726.6 Lakhs (Q-o-Q growth by 55.7%, Y-oY growth by 133.9%)
The company’s focus on mining key accounts has led to this substantial rise in profits. Other factors like closing of un-remunerative business, streamlining internal processes, impact of past rationalisation and increase in automation also contributed to the profit increase.
Key Highlights And Business Wins
Some of the significant business wins for the quarter include:
- A USD 15 million (~INR 96 crores) contract with an existing customer (a leading global commodity trading and logistics company) for a period of 3 years. Blue Star Infotech would be providing Information Technology related services.
- An enhanced partnership with a leading US based technology corporation – this increase in the services offered resulted in a footprint expansion
- A partnership with one of the world’s largest travel providers (an existing client), to provide a plethora of services ranging from digital transformation to mobile solutions. Blue Star Infotech is helping the client better personalize proposals to its end customers via an innovative customer documentation system. This is helping the firm further consolidate its position as a leading IT solutions provider to the Travel and Hospitality industry.
- A partnership with Microsoft Global Delivery Center to leverage Blue Star Infotech’s expertise on Microsoft technologies such as Azure and Sharepoint.
Sunil Bhatia, CEO &MD, Blue Star Infotech Ltd., said “We are pleased to announce a strong Q1 performance with a robust growth in our profits. By strengthening relationships with existing customers, the company is focussed on developing strategic large accounts which will pave the growth path in the long-run. Our focus on core verticals and reinforced strategy on being solution-led, customer-centric and innovative has made us the preferred partner in some accounts. We foresee traction in digital technologies and we will continue to enhance our offerings in this space. The company has built a strong foundation and I am confident about our future growth.”