ASUS announced its new smartphone ZenFone Zoom S, it is a 5.5-inch smartphone with a 2.3X Optical and 12 X Digital Zoom, Dual Camera setup that delivers photographic perfection. With a high-capacity 5000mAh battery onboard. ASUS ZenFone Zoom S priced at INR 26,999/- will be available exclusively on Flipkart.
Elaborating further on the sidelines of the launch of ZenFone Zoom S; Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Head, System Business Group – ASUS India said,”On the onset of World Photography Day, ASUS India wishes to rejuvenate the passion and commitment of photography enthusiast by launching ZenFone Zoom S. We at ASUS have maintained a resolute and enduring commitment to championing mobile photography and ZenFone 3 – ‘Built for Photography’ launched in 2016 is testimony of the same fact. Today, we reinstate our commitment to help consumers catch the beauty of every moment with the ZenFone Zoom S. An incredible device that combines a dual-lens camera system with an unbeatable battery – ZenFone Zoom S will set new bar for mobile photography.”
ZenFone Zoom S’ innovative dual-camera system consists of two cameras: A main camera with an f/1.7-aperture, 25mm wide-angle main lens paired to a 12MP SONY IMX362 sensor with large 1.4µm pixels (1/2.55in sensor size); and a dedicated 59mm, 12MP zoom camera with an instant 2.3X true optical zoom and 12X of total zoom. This setup ensures sharp focus on subjects at any distance. ZenFone Zoom S also has the first ASUS SuperPixel Camera that enables it to shoot photos quickly and clearly in night-time or in low-light environments. The SuperPixel Camera combines advanced hardware and software enhancement by ASUS SuperPixel technology to achieve light sensitivity that is 2.5 times (2.5X) greater than that of the Apple iPhone 7 Plus, and 10X that of an average smartphone. The ZenFone Zoom S also features Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for photos and 4K videos.
The ZenFone Zoom S houses an incredible 5000mAh battery that has a much higher capacity than that of an average smartphone. This is paired to a powerful yet energy-efficient Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm processor, enabling it to achieve an amazing 6.4 hours of continuous 4K UHD video recording and an outstanding 42 days of standby time. The high-capacity battery also gives ZenFone Zoom S the ability to double up as a power bank to charge other devices. Remarkably, the high power density of the battery allows it to be fitted into a super-slim, 7.9mm full-metal chassis that only weighs a mere 170 grams, making it the world’s thinnest and lightest 5.5-inch smartphone sporting a Dual Camera setup with 5000mAh battery.
Built for photographic perfection
ZenFone Zoom S is the most accomplished camera smartphone to date from ASUS, with a list of new features designed to make it unrivalled in mobile photography. These include:
- Dual-camera system — The ZenFone Zoom S features an all-new ASUS SuperPixel Camera for unbeatable low-light photography, plus a dedicated 12MP, 59mm camera for instant 2.3X optical zoom and 12X total zoom, making the best camera mode for different subject types and focal lengths instantly available to photographers . The main SuperPixel Camera is ideal for shooting general subjects and macro shots as close as 10cm, while the optical-zoom camera is excellent for distant subjects. The biggest advantage of having two cameras with lenses of different focal lengths is the ability to let users switch lenses and compose in different perspectives
- ASUS SuperPixel Camera — ZenFone Zoom S features a new main ASUS SuperPixel Camera that can shoot photos quickly and clearly in night-time or low-light environments. The SuperPixel Camera consists of three main components:
- Large 1.4-micron pixel size — Larger pixels increases the camera’s sensitivity to light, and decreases the graininess of resulting photos, especially those shot in low-light environments. ZenFone Zoom S uses the Sony IMX362 sensor with pixels measuring 1.4 microns (µm) wide pixels and a 1/2.55-inch sensor size, which is one of the largest of any smartphone camera sensors, making the camera excellent for low-light photography
- Large f/1.7 lens aperture — the large aperture allows for more light to enter the sensor compared to other smartphone cameras, making the ZenFone Zoom S ideal for superb low-light photography
- ASUS SuperPixel technology — A combination of the new ASUS SuperPixel engine hardware and image Digital-Signal-Processing software, the light sensitivity is boosted up to four times (4X) by intelligently controlling ISO levels while shooting, and removing noise in post-shot processing
High-resolution SuperPixel selfies — ZenFone Zoom S features one of the best high-resolution front-facing cameras of any smartphone. It has a 13MP SONY IMX214 sensor with an f/2.0 aperture lens that shoots high-resolution selfies and also benefits from ASUS SuperPixel technology to achieve twice the light sensitivity. It also features a new ‘screen flash’ mode that uses the display as a flash in low-light environments.
ASUS 0.03s TriTech+ autofocus — ZenFone Zoom S has an improved ASUS TriTech+ autofocus system with new Dual Pixel PDAF technology as one of its three focusing technologies along with the second-generation laser autofocus and subject tracking autofocus. ASUS TriTech+ automatically chooses the best technology to use depending on the subject, and achieves focus in an amazingly fast 0.03 seconds.
- Dual Pixel PDAF — Each pixel on the sensor is now divided into two phase-detection sections that can detect the movement of subjects by analyzing the variations between the light rays hitting the two sections. Working together with all the other 12-million pixels on the sensor, ZenFone Zoom S is able to achieve rapid phase-detection autofocus even in low-light conditions
- Second-generation laser autofocus — Which has three times (3X) the range of standard laser focusing systems which can benefit shooting close-up subjects within 1.5 meters
- Subject-tracking autofocus — The system cleverly tracks moving subjects while the user is shooting, so they will never be out of focus. Subject tracking is enabled by default for both still images and videos
RAW file support — ZenFone Zoom S offers photographers the freedom to shoot and store compositions in RAW format. RAW files save the full data of the photo captured by the camera’s sensor and is ideal for enhancing them with editing software, where users are able to uncover fine details in areas of shadow, or recover overexposed areas in the highlights, with much less degradation in the image quality when compared to editing JPEG image files. RAW support will be available with the Android 7.0 ‘Nougat’ FOTA upgrade.
Full Manual mode — This mode enables full control over ZenFone Zoom S’ extensive camera settings. These includes white balance, exposure value (EV), focus, and ISO settings, and an impressive shutter-speed selection starting from 1/16000 sec to a maximum of 32 seconds. In ZenFone Zoom S, this mode also allows users to override the automatic camera selection and choose to use the 25mm, f/1.7 lens of the main camera or the 59mm lens of the zoom camera.
Continuous autofocus 4K UHD video recording — For impressive video recording, ZenFone Zoom S shoots videos at 4K (3840×2160) at 30 frames per second, along with the subject tracking autofocus system allowing the smartphone to continuously focus on subjects.
ZenFone Zoom S camera features — ZenFone Zoom S also comes with all the powerful photography features that includes:
- Four-axis Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and three-axis Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) to counter hand movements from blurring photos or making videos appear shaky
- RGB Color-correction sensor that automatically adjusts the colors in a photo to look natural and accurate
- 48MP Super Resolution mode that combines four native 12MP photos to create a single large image with exceptional 4X clarity, greater detail and less noise
- 19 different unique and versatile modes that optimize the camera to shoot scenes or add special effects to photos
Ultra-large 5000mAh battery and reverse-charging ability
With an incredible battery capacity 5000mAh, ZenFone Zoom S has one of the highest capacities of any smartphone — and the world’s highest capacity in its class. Paired with the powerful yet battery-efficient 14nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, this high-capacity battery enables ZenFone Zoom S to achieve an amazing 6.4 hours of continuous 4K UHD video recording time, or 42 days of standby time, without worrying about running out of charge. ZenFone Zoom S’s high battery capacity also lets it double up as a high-speed power bank for charging other devices via an automatic reverse-charging capability.
ZenFone Zoom S’s display is a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED panel with high 500cd/m2 brightness for outdoor-readable images with extreme clarity and contrast, and a color gamut that is more than 100% of the NTSC color space. It also features a blue-light filter that prevents eye strain over long periods of viewing.
ZenFone Zoom S is also one of the first few smartphones to have a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display cover panel that is 70%-more resistant to drop damage compared to the previous Gorilla Glass generation. This panel has been crafted and shaped to fit within the phone’s beautifully small, sandblasted aluminum-alloy body.
Distinctly Loud, Clear and Immersive Audio experience
The ZenFone Zoom S features one of the best audio experiences that you can find on a smartphone today. It features a 5-Magnet speaker that is boosted by an NXP SmartAMP to give you Clear, Crisp and Full Sound even at loud volume levels. For headphone audio, the ZenFone Zoom S is HiRes certified, meaning it can playback lossless audio formats with ease at 192kHz/24-bit, which by the way is 4X better audio quality than CD Audio. To add to the surreal audio immersion, the device also features DTS Headphone:X, which recreates your content in a virtual 7.1ch Surround Sound effect over headphones. You can further customize audio with the built-in AudioWizard app to suit any audio scenario, and also can smartly switch between audio profiles based on the content you’re currently listening to.
Full Metal Body with Slim design and Fingerprint Sensor
ZenFone Zoom S features a full metal body construction is the world’s slimmest and lightest 5.5-inch 5000mAh smartphone, and is a mere 7.9mm thin and weighs just 170 grams. The body features a finely sand-blasted finish for a more refined and a premium grip. On the sides, it features smooth curved ergonomics for a comfortable feel. At the back, the ZenFone Zoom S features a fingerprint sensor that can unlock the device in 360 degrees, supports 5 finger recognition, and you can receive calls directly by swiping the registered finger directly at the lock screen. The device is available in impressive 2 colours – Navy Black & Glacier Silver.
©Technuter.com News Service