Bangalore, India, March 17, 2014: Apical, distributor for solution based product line, has announced the launch of Thunder Dock for MAC users from Akitio designed for Mac users. The Thunderbolt dock links past, present and future technology to your MAC with just one Thunderbolt cable.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary connection technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Thunderbolt I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions which makes Thunderbolt extremely fast and flexible.
In comparison, it is up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800. The Thunder Dock allows you to access your data on both legacy and future storage drives by providing multiple host ports for USB 3.0, eSATA and FireWire 800. It also has two Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining additional Thunderbolt devices and storage.
Simple connection using one cable from dock to your computer will enable you to access all additional storage drives connected to dock with the Thunderbolt interface guaranteed lighting fast data transfer rates. Five additional Thunderbolt devices can be accessed using the second port in a new Thunderbolt Daisy Chain design and also two independent eSATA controllers promises the maximum transfer rate for each eSATA port of 370MB/s when second eSATA storage device is connected.
The two USB 3.0 ports both support UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol) for increased performance over USB 3.0 but the same ports can of course also be used to connect the older USB 2.0 storage drives. Long a favorite of Mac users but now replaced by Thunderbolt and USB 3.0, the FireWire interface can still be used through the Akitio Thunder Dock. Not as common as the other interfaces but PC users will be happy to know that there are also two eSATA ports available to hook up external eSATA drives.
- Two Thunderbolt ports for lightning fast speeds up to 10Gb/s
- Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt™ devices
- Two eSATA host ports (up to 6Gb/s)
- One 7 watt bus-powered FireWire 800 host port
- Two bus-powered USB 3.0 host ports (supports UASP)
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
- Model No – Akitio Thunder Dock
- Part No – NEUH-THSB3IAS
- Certifications – CE, FCC, Thunderbolt
- Case material – High quality aluminum
- Interface/Ports – 2x Thunderbolt port
2x eSATA host ports (supports port multiplier)
2x USB 3.0 SuperSpeed host ports (supports UASP)
1x FireWire 800 host port (supports bus-power)
- Data transfer – Thunderbolt up to 10Gbps
eSATA up to 6Gbps
USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps
FireWire 800 (1394b) up to 800Mbps
- System requirements (PC) – Not supported
- System requirements (Mac) – Mac OS X v10.9 or later
Computer with Thunderbolt connector
- System environment – Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 35°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
- Power supply – External power supply (UL, cUL, CE, TUV approved)
Input: AC 100-240V
Output: DC +12V/5A
- Dimensions (LxWxH) – 6.25 inches x 3.83 inches x 0.71 inches
15.88cm x 9.75cm x 1.8cm
- Package contents – Neutrino Thunder Dock
- Remarks –
This docking station does not have any internal storage. All data is stored on external drives that are connected to the dock.
In order to recharge a USB device (e.g. iPhone or iPad), the Thunderbolt cable has to be connected to the computer and the system has to be running.
The maximum transfer rate for each eSATA and USB port is about 370MB/s.
This Thunderbolt product is not compatible with Apple’s Boot Camp.
Price, warranty and availability
Akitio Thunder Dock comes with the MRP of Rs. 30,000/- and available from March end with Apical carrying 1 year warranty