Amazon introduced the all-new reimagined Kindle Paperwhite, featuring a thinner and lighter design, sleek flush-front display, and waterproofing so you can read comfortably anywhere. For a limited time, you get three months of Kindle Unlimited subscription for free on pre-orders, so you can read as much as you want from a selection of over 1 million of titles. And with so much great content, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage so you can hold more large files. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite still includes features customers love about Kindle like a glare-free display and a battery life measured in weeks. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is available for pre-order today for ₹ 12,999 at www.amazon.in/kindlepaperwhite and will start shipping November 14.
Jayshree Gururaj, Director – Amazon Devices, said, “Our gold standard for Kindle continues to be a piece of paper. We are constantly improving the design to help customers stay immersed in the story. Today, we are excited to bring even more premium features—like a thinner and lighter flush-front design, additional storage, waterproofing —to our most popular Kindle.”
Sleek, modern design
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a sleek, flush-front design and a back made of soft, easy-to-grip material so it rests easily in your hand. It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, laser-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
The first waterproof Kindle Paperwhite
The most popular Kindle is now waterproof so you can read in even more places. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is designed to withstand accidental splash in the rain, drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool and beach. It’s IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
2x the storage
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage so you can keep more content on your device. Available in 8 GB, which is twice the storage as the previous generation and can hold thousands of titles, and 32 GB for storing even larger libraries for avid readers.
More great content—three months of Kindle Unlimited for free on pre orders
Kindle devices already come with instant access to millions of titles in the Kindle Store. Now, for a limited time, you also get three months of Kindle Unlimited for free on pre-orders, so that you can read as much as you want at no additional cost across over 1 million titles. With Kindle Unlimited, you will find titles including The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The Nameless Relationship, Strength Training,Quidditch Through the Ages, Ikshvaku Ke Vanshaj and more. After three months, customers can subscribe to Kindle Unlimited plans starting at Rs. 150 per month.
Even more personalization
Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience so you can read your book your way. Today, we’re introducing even more personalization features, including:
- An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history, including books that are free for you to read from Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading.
- Easily personalize your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer, all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
The updated home experience, as well as the ability to quickly save and access reading settings, will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013).
The features readers love about Kindle
By design, Kindle devices are purpose-built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won’t distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book:
- Whispersync—Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device, whether you’re reading or listening.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members, 1.3 billion books added, and 47 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Word Wise—Available on many popular English language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
World’s Best eBook Store
Kindle e-readers come with instant access to the Kindle Store, which, in addition to Kindle Unlimited, includes:
- World’s best selection—Millions of eBooks, including the latest best sellers, and programs like Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited, both of which continue to grow.
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is ₹ 12,999 for the 8 GB WiFi model and ₹ 17,999 for the 32 GB model, which comes with 4G. Both models are available for pre-order today. The 8 GB model will ship from November 14 and the 32 GB model will ship in the coming months. In addition to a free 3-month KU subscription, avail a 2-year extended warranty for all pre-ordered devices. Customers can also purchase a cover with a thin design that snaps perfectly onto the all-new Kindle Paperwhite. The cover opens like a book, automatically waking the device when opened and putting it to sleep when closed. Choose from three materials in a variety of colors: a premium leather cover for ₹ 2999 in rustic; leather covers, all ₹ 2399, in black, merlot, punch red, and indigo purple; and water-safe fabric covers, all ₹ 1799, in charcoal black, canary yellow, and marine blue.
©Technuter.com News Service