Pre-Budget expectations by Mr. Subhasish Gupta, Country Manager – India & SAARC at Allied Telesis:
- Important to create a sus tained thrust on infrastructure, including roads, public transport. This would result in billions of $’s of foreign equity c oming in, creation of thousands of jobs as well as better the much required infrastructure in the country to attract foreign investment. With 14% of Indian population unemployed, it’s imperative to create millions of job opportunities in the next 2-3 years in the country.
- Ease up FDI investment norms in the country, including retail.
- With poor monsoon, India is already on the verge of seeing high inflation with most basic food prices going up. Incorporation of technology as well as innovative and smart control on public distribution system (PDS) is of utmost importance. One of the key captions of the BJP government, before coming to power was smarter contr ol over the public distribution system that was earlier resulting in lot of wastages of basic food items.
- Education: Important to put much more thrust on basic education.
- Disinvestment in sick PSU’s.
- Open up coal blocks and thrust on power plan ts like nuclear, hydro as well as t hermal to bridge the huge gap between demand and supply in the country.
- The IT industry, for vendors like us and more who depend a lot on the local economy can prosper if most of the above issues are addressed on priority.
- Y-Cash Software’s Pre-Budget expectations
- Array Networks’ Pre-Budget expectations
You May Also Like