Commercial transport is truly a boon for the common man, travelling to far off places is not expensive anymore and you can enjoy travelling without burning a hole in your pocket. Owning a vehicle and paying for fuel and it’s ever increasing price can be an expensive affair and you also try to curb the amount of trips taken annually. On the other hand, with a commercial transport system, you can embark on journeys more often. One such company which is a leader in providing commercial transportation, logistics and supply chain management in the whole of Europe, North America and Asia and is alsoenlisted in ‘Fortune’ magazine’s ‘Fortune 500’ set of reputed organizations approached HCLto provide certain solutions and those were:
- To develop a web strategy.
- To enhance the overall user experience and manage the content along with driving Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- To provide a web experience to the users with features that offer better search results and user-generated content.
- Improve the overall experience of the website by implementing SEO.
- Make the company’s features more accessible by initiating an effective mobile website.
For all the above mentioned challenges the client relied heavily on IT and lacked the related amount of governance and accountability for it. The company faced a lot of problems trying to implement the solutions and some of the major problems were:
- Failure to respond in real time, for example – if a user asked a certain question of the website about some query he/she has, the website won’t respond to it immediately, the answer will be provided few hours or days later.
- The overall IT effort to make the company better was lacking.
- Google rank was low, as the website had not implemented SEO.
- The content in the website didn’t change and this leaded to lack of interest of the users.
HCL’s skilled team assessed, analyzed and articulated the whole situation and found out that:
- 36% of important website information was not available on the website.
- Only 60% of SEO measures were implemented.
Based on these findings, HCL improved the website experience, implemented a proper governance system for the website and enhanced SEO.
The solution provided by HCL helped improve business by 50% and make the website more user friendly which resulted in more views and visits of the website.